Benefits of Propane Energy for Your Home
Propane is an environmentally friendly, safe, convenient way to power your home. This article focuses on residential propane service and the benefits of using propane in your home.
- Propane is economical and efficient - According to the US Department of Energy, propane as a fuel for home heating is much more economical than electricity. Added to the fuel savings itself, propane appliances can cost much less to maintain, repair and service. Propane can also heat much faster than electricity.
- Propane is readily available - Propane is produced as a by-product of natural gas processing and crude oil refining and is primarily produced in the United States and is not dependent on foreign imports.
- Propane is perfect for remote and off-grid living - Many remote locations have no access to natural gas lines and may even find connection to electricity challenging. Propane is very convenient for remote areas since you can store plenty of fuel to get through a cold winter. We deliver to remote locations as far North as Lake Nacimiento in San Luis Obispo County, as far South as Topanga Canyon/Malibu in Los Angeles County, and as far East as Cuyama/Maricopa in Kern County. We also service Ventura and Santa Barbara Counties.
- Propane is easy to use and store - Western Propane Service delivers propane to a tank stored in your yard, above or below ground. Often, the tank only needs refilling once or twice a year, and we can arrange a monthly payment plan. Your propane delivery system works smoothly and provides heat and power when you need it, even if the electricity goes out!
- Propane is safe for the environment - The Environmental Protection Agency approves propane as a clean alternative fuel in the 1990 Clean Air Act. Propane is nontoxic to water, soil and the environment.
What appliances can I power by Propane?
- Home Heating
- Propane Furnaces
- Propane Boilers
- Radiant Heat
- Water Heating
- Propane Tankless Water Heaters
- Propane Tank-Style Water Heaters
- Clothes Drying
- Outdoor Grills
- Fireplaces, Firepits, Patio Heaters
- Pools & Spas
Some Common homeowner questions about propane
- Is propane safe for my home?
Propane is a highly regulated industry, and reliable services providers like Western Propane Service make sure that your propane delivery system is safe. As with any other power source like electricity and natural gas, you should make sure you maintain your appliances and have them checked regularly. Teach your family to recognize the smell of a propane leak, have a leak detector in your home, and read your appliance manuals.
- How do I hide a propane tank in my yard?
Above-ground tank systems can be hidden by creative fencing, hedges, or even buried underground by professionals. In a future article, we’ll show you how a propane tank is placed underground, and some other ways to conceal your tank creatively.
- What tank size do I need for my home?
The larger the tank, the less frequently you need to refill. The tank size you need would depend on the size of your home, number of appliances you have that use propane, and the number of refills you want per year. We can provide a quote upon evaluation of your individual needs.
Contact Western Propane Service today to get started as a residential customer. We'll be happy to help you with any questions you may have.